Rafting Down the Imposing Rapids of the Apurimac River.
The APURIMAC River «The God River», is considered as one of the Top ten Best River’s in The World to do White Water Rafting.
Briefing the night before the departure.
DAY 01: Cusco – Huallpachaca
At 09:00 hs. we head out to the Huallpachaca bridge at an altitude of 2000 masl, about 5 hours south east of Cusco. After lunch our guide gives a safety instruction followed by a demonstration of the equipment. We will Raft for 1 ½ hours on class II and III rapids. Then we will set up camp in one of the Beautiful Beach of Apurimac River and rest.
DAY 02: Apurimac River
After a healthy breakfast we pack up the camp, before rafting down class III and IV rapids, stopping only for lunch, and also walk some dangerous class VI rapids (that are impossible to run). Then we will set up the tents and rest.
DAY 03: Apurimac River
After a good breakfast we raft down some class III, IV and V rapids, after 5 hours we end our adventure at the Kunyac bridge. Lunch and then return to Cusco, arriving at around 18:00 hs. At night we can enjoy the video of our trip in one of Cusco’s Pub.
We have different levels for the Rapids:
- Class I: Really easy, without any risk , just the stream take us down.
- Class II: Stream with some waves and small rocks.
- Class III: Stream, Rocks, holes, waves (enjoyable).
- Class IV: Stream, Rocks waves, holes with more gradient or more volume of water, with a little bit of risk. Here it’s necessary to have a safety kayak with the group.
- Class V: Stronger and more enjoyable than the class IV with an element of risk, maximum Commercial Rafting level, for those kind of rapids is also necessary to have a safety kayak with the group.
- Class VI: Extremely Dangerous , no possible to run!
The price includes
- Professional English speaking guides, paramedics qualified for Class V rafting.
- Full Rafting equipment (helmet, safe jacket, rain coat, paddle, wetsuit, Hyside Self Bailer Boats).
- All meals during the trip.
- Double Tents.
- Dry bags – Special Water-proof bags (for the personal belongings).
- Safety Kayak and Cargo Boat.
- Private round trip transportation.
- Video and pictures service.
- Complete First Aid Kit.
The price doesn´t include
We Recommend to Bring:
- Bathing suit and light clothes
- Sandals or tennis shoes
- Short pants (to use over the wet suit, cause the raft is slipper when wet)
- Four pairs of socks
- Warm clothes for the night (fleece, long pants)
- Sleeping bag, matters and flash light
- Personal water bottle and snack
- Hat, sun block, mosquito repellent, toilet paper
- Take your personal things in a plastic disposable bag.