The Inca Trail is considered the best hike in South America. It is a 43 kilometer route through ancient Inca trails to Machu Picchu. The duration of the tour is 4 days and 3 nights. Tourists have the opportunity to appreciate the beauty of the landscape with Inca archaeological sites including the Wonder of the World.
Briefing the night before the departure
DAY 01: Cusco – Huayllabamba
Early in the Morning, we all meet to start our journey to Chilca (Km82 in the Sacred Valley)in private transport.This is the starting point of the Inca Trail. Here we will meet the porters and cooks who will accompany us on our journey. We trek until Huayllabamba, campsite, where we will enjoy a hot meal followed by some rest.
DAY 02: Huayllabamba – Pacaymayu
Breakfast, and then we start hiking. We will ascend the highest point on the trail located at 13,860 ft amsl;.) the Dead Woman’s Pass (Warmi Wañusca), where we will get the most amazing views ever! After lunch we will start to descend to Pacaymayu where we will camp overnight.
DAY 03: Pacaymayu – Wiñayhuayna
After breakfast we head off towards Runku Rakay to cross the 2dn pass at 12,540 ft. amsl, and later we descend to Sayacmarca, an important archeological site where we will enjoy lunch. Afterwards we will continue onto Wiñayhuayna where we will spend our third and final night on the trail.
DAY 04: Wiñayhuayna – Machupicchu – Cusco
Breakfast, and then we will go into the Sun Gate (Inti Punku), the entrance to the ancient city of Machupicchu. From here we will be able to see the ruins in all their glory. Later, when we arrive in the city ruins, we will have a complete guided tour of the site and after that we take a bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will board a train back to Cusco.
The price includes
- Professional English/Spanish speaking guide.
- Private transportation to Km 82(Begin of the rail).
- Entrance Ticket to Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Round-trip Transfers
- Double Occupancies tents
- Camping Equipment: Kitchen tent, dinning tent, chairs, tables and mattress.
- Porters for our customers (Max. 10 Kilograms for each person)
- Coffee breakes in the afternoons
- All meals except the 1st breakfast, and the lunch of the 4th day)
- First aid kit
- Train back to Cusco ( Autovagon –Tourist train)
- Size Group:10 Persons maximum in collective service
We Recommend to Bring :
- Personal Sleeping Bag
- Back Pack and Day pack
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Raincoat or poncho
- Water bottle, flash light, hat, sunblock, sunglasses
- Warm clothes , Light clothes, 4 pair of socks
- Insect repellent
- Chocolates, candies or other snacks
- Photo camera + Films / Video camera (optional)